NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
In accordance with the constitutions of Oshawa’s Ontario PC Constituency Association and the Ontario PC Party, notice is hereby provided that an Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Association’s membership will be held as follows:
When: Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Time: Registration 7:00pm; Meeting begins at 7:30pm sharp
Where: Alfie’s Lounge, Royal Canadian Legion Branch 43, 471 Simcoe St S, Oshawa, ON (just north of Hwy 401/Bloor St)
Business to be conducted at this meeting shall include:
1. Approval of the minutes of the March 2018 AGM;
2. Membership report;
3. Chief Financial Officer’s report/presentation of annual financial statement;
4. Appointment of the Auditor for 2019-20;
5. President’s report;
6. Report from the campaign and/or Candidate of Record, Bob Chapman;
7. Other business; and,
8. Election of Executive Officers and Directors for 2019-20.
A maximum of 25 individuals shall be elected to the Association’s Board of Directors for a period of one (1) year, to commence on April 2, 2019. Individuals wishing to stand for election to the Board should be present at this meeting in order to be nominated and/or elected by the eligible members present.
In order to vote at this AGM, you must:
1) Be a member in good standing of the Ontario PC Party for a minimum of fifteen (15) days prior to the meeting or be renewing, in person, a membership which has expired within calendar year 2019; and,
2) Normally reside within the boundaries of Oshawa’s Provincial Electoral District’s (save and except for duly elected Associate Members); namely that area “Consisting of that part of the Regional Municipality of Durham comprised of that part of the City of Oshawa lying southerly of Taunton Road West and Taunton Road East”.
Members may be required to show identification which establishes their identity, residence, and voting eligibility as prescribed by the Association’s Constitution.
If your annual or multi-year membership has expired, you may renew online or in person at the AGM using a personal cheque or valid major credit card. We cannot accept cash payments.
Members with expired or soon-to-be-expired memberships will receive renewal forms and a return envelope by regular mail.
Should you have further questions or wish to stand for election to the Board, please contact us prior to the meeting by email or telephone at 905.743.2592.
As this is a non-election year, our volunteers' main focus will be to support our federal Conservative cousins' effort to Keep Oshawa Blue by re-electing Colin Carrie as Oshawa’s Member of Parliament.
Oshawa's Ontario PC team and Colin’s team are counting on your moral, volunteer and financial support between now and Election Day, October 21, 2019.
If you haven’t already signed on to assist Colin's team – in any capacity – please do so now at oshawaconservative.ca, or by calling the federal Association's hotline (905.721.9022) at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to seeing you on the evening of Tuesday, April 2.
Your Oshawa Ontario PC Volunteers and Board of Directors
471 Simcoe St S
Oshawa, ON L1J 4J7
Google map and directions